Saturday, September 09, 2006

The first one. Its always difficult. Its like myriad of ideas a second before and as soon as you get down to the task , zilch. So lets make this an introduction. My posts will be mostly ; random. Movies , books , philosophy , mathematics , mythology and armchair criticisms mostly.

Right now, i am just another brick in the wall. A bit more perceptive than the rest. Patterns interest me. So do colours, brevity (read optimum use of words), photographs, eyes, solitude, nature. I have a knack for losing pens and smiling inexplicably on full moon nights. I like getting drenched in the rain and walking through a bustling sea of unkown faces. I like tragedies. I like throwing stones at an angle of 45 degrees in lakes and seeing them bounce. When i was a kid i wanted to become an astronaut. Nice Try. I loved it when Saif gives a wicked smile in Omkara. Pure Evil. Or even Anthony Hopkins in 'The Silence of the Lambs'. I loved Ethan Hawke exult (in Gattaca)

"They've got you looking so hard for any flaw, that after a while, that's all that you see. For whatever it's worth, I'm here to tell you that it is possible. It is possible."

or Murray Abraham (Amadeus)

Salieri: "I heard the music of true forgiveness filling the theater, conferring on all who sat there, perfect absolution. God was singing through this little man to all the world, unstoppable, making my defeat more bitter with every passing bar. "

I adore Calvin and Hobbes. Work of Art.

Now the point is : are all these thoughts random? Or is there a method to the madness in all these random juxtapositions. An Intention?

As Mr. Morrison once crooned

"Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Into this house we are born
Into this world we are thrown"

And by now you must have realised im hopelessly self indulgent.
Thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you even aware of your appeal mr.A.... :)